Both adults and children can suffer from incontinence. Incontinence is the involuntary release of urine or stool at inappropriate times. Distressing for the person who suffers from it, it can also be an expensive malady if it leads to the ruin of furniture or mattresses, as these items are costly and not easily replaced. Keys DryForLife supplies several options in incontinence sheets, mattress protectors, and bed pads to protect beds and other furniture. DryForLife products are of excellent quality and are affordable. DryForLife has been supplying quality incontinence products for over 40 years, and their ability to deliver their product to the customer offers discreteness and privacy. The following article will describe some of the products sold by Keys DryForLife for the protection of beds and furniture, and qualities that such products should have.
Incontinence Sheets, Mattress Covers, and Bed Pads
There are several varieties of sheets, covers, and pads made and sold by DryForLife:
- Household Quality Waterproof Mattress Protector- This mattress protector is lightweight and offers non-allergenic fabric and waterproof backing. These mattress covers are very affordable.
- Heavy Duty Waterproof Mattress Cover- These comfortable, fitted mattress covers are made of heavy duty material guarantee not to wrinkle up or shift around due to their fitted corners. These covers are completely washable and guaranteed to protect the mattress from fluid.
- Quilted Polycotton Waterproof Mattress Protector- These quilted, fitted mattress covers offer superb comfort and softness and have a waterproof underside. They feature elastic all around to ensure a snug fit on the mattress, and are completely machine washable.
- Waterproof Mattress Protection Sheets- These incontinence sheets may be used in place of full mattress covers. They come in two sizes; small sheets are for use in the middle of the bed, while the large sheets can be used length or width-ways and can be tied to the corners of the bed to prevent them from shifting.
- Economy Disposable Bed Pads- These disposable pads are convenient to use, have waterproof backing, and can be used to protect the bed, wheelchair, or other furniture.
- Super Absorbent Disposable Bed Pads- These heavy-duty bed pads have two special layers designed to keep moisture away from the body and reduce odour. They are completely waterproof and can be used for moderate to heavy incontinence. Because they are compact and disposable, they can be easily packed for trips.
There are several qualities that those who suffer from incontinence should look for when purchasing incontinence sheets, mattress covers, and bed pads. These qualities include being affordable, washable (excepting disposable products), noise-proof, hypoallergenic, comfortable, and absorbent:
- Affordability- It is important to remember when shopping for sheets, mattress covers, and bed pads that more than one will likely be needed. Purchasing more than one set of incontinence sheets or mattress covers will ensure that, if leakage occurs, there is a replacement available while the other is being laundered. If leakage is a regular occurrence, several may be needed.
- Washability- It is important to ensure that sheets, mattress covers, and bed pads do not require special laundering, except in the case of disposable products. The user should be able to machine-wash the product easily, and the product should be able to stand up to repeat washings, unless otherwise specified.
- Noiseless-Quality incontinence sheets, mattress covers, and bed pads should be noiseless; that is, they should not crinkle when the user moves in bed.
- Hypoallergenic- As some people are allergic to certain fibers, high quality sheets, mattress pads, and bed pads should be made from materials that are unlikely to cause an allergic reaction (rash, itching).
- Comfort- Comfort is important when choosing incontinence sheets, mattress pads, and bed pads. They should have fasteners where applicable to help to keep them from shifting under the user, and should be soft to the touch so as not to scratch the skin
- Absorbency- Absorbency refers to the product’s ability to absorb liquid and keep it away from the skin. This is an important factor in choosing products that will be protecting furniture and beds, as products that are not highly absorbent will allow fluid to leak onto the bed or other furniture, necessitating the need to replace them.
Incontinence in adults and children is common, and can lead to distress and embarrassment, as well as necessitating the need for changes in lifestyle. The use of incontinence products can ease this burden and prevent the costly replacement of articles stained by involuntary leakage of urine or faeces. Incontinence products should meet several criteria: they should be affordable, washable (or easy to dispose of), noiseless, hypoallergenic, comfortable, and, most importantly, absorbent. Keys DryForLife has been supplying products that meet these requirements for over 40 years. DryForLife incontinence sheets, mattress pads, and bed pads are available for purchase on-line or by phone order. To make an enquiry or to place an order, visit www.dryforlife.co.uk
Disclaimer - The research, clinical material and advice provided on this website is for informational purposes only and not a substitute for medical treatment, nor an alternative to medical advice. Any action taken in response to the information given on this website is at the reader's own discretion. Readers should always consult their own Doctor in all health matters. Please read our Terms and conditions. Copyright ©2014 DryForLife IncontinenceUK®